Alternative Medicine for Tinnitus
A number of natural herbal and alternative medicines are thought to work well for relieving the symptoms of Tinnitus. People respond differently to these treatments but some people have found them extremely useful. Speak to your doctor before embarking on this as a course of action.
A wide range of herbal remedies using extracts of potent herbs and homeopathic ingredients have been developed, a small sample of these are described below:
- Ginko Bilboa – The herbal remedy Ginkgo Biloba has been strongly linked to relieving symptoms of Tinnitus, although some scientific studies suggest that it may not work any better that a placebo. Ginkgo Biloba is thought to improve circulation to the upper body, particularly the head and neck and so is often prescribed for circulatory problems. It works by increasing the flow of oxygenated blood to different organs including the brain. Where Tinnitus is caused by problems with poor blood flow to the ears, this remedy could be very helpful in providing relief through improved blood circulation.
- Seasame – A herb thought to be used to relieve Tinnitus symptoms as well as blurred vision.
- Salicylic Acid – This is a plant controversially has been thought both to cause and relieve the symptoms of Tinnitus. When ingested the plant is thought to manifest the symptoms of Tinnitus. However, when mixed into a homeopathic medicine it is believed to reduce the intensity of some of the loud noises associated with Tinnitus.
- Lesser Periwinkle – used to reduce tinnitus and Meniere’s disease
- Dietary supplements and vitamins – Also prescribed for increasing blood circulation and relieving symptoms of Tinnitus.
- Aromatherapy – oils such as lemon and rose have been found to be useful in increasing blood circulation
- Food and drink – foods containing zinc in such as spinach, garlic, apple cider vinegar are listed as key sources of food and drink which help to alleviate the symptoms of Tinnitus
Thank you for reading this article, this website supports a product called "Tinnitus Miracle" which has further great information about help for Tinnitus and to find out more click here: Tinnitus Miracle